Counseling Services for Individuals, Couples & Families
- Do you worry about your alcohol or drug use being a problem?
- Have you broken rules you set about your use or had difficulty cutting down?
- Have you been angry or annoyed at others when they ask about your use?
- Have you lied or felt guilty about your use?
- Have you felt a need to use to “get going”?
- Have you had problems at work due to your use of alcohol or drugs?
- Are you an employer concerned about an employee’s potential use of alcohol or drugs?
- Have you received a DOT violation and told you need a Substance Abuse Professional Evaluation?
- Has Parole, Probation, Court or Health and Human Services (DHHS) told you to get an evaluation for substance use.
If you answered yes to any of these questions, Brad Shay LIMHP, LADC, CPC, DOT Qualified SAP provide quality substance use disorder evaluations to assess your needs.
PRIVATE/ INDIVIDUAL EVALUATIONS and TREATMENT
Sometimes individuals have a concern about their substance use and its effects in their life. It may be self concerns, or concerns raised by family or friends. We will conduct a professional evaluation to help in determining the presence or absence of a problem, design a treatment plan and counseling or make appropriate referrals if needed.
PROBATION/PAROLE/COURT/DHHS EVALUATIONS and TREATMENT
The Nebraska Supreme Court adopted a rule to implement the Nebraska Standardized Model for Delivery of Substance Use Services. As a Registered Service Provider, We follow the Nebraska Standard Reporting Format for Substance Use and Co Occurring Evaluations for all Justice Referrals. We work with the individual to assess the issue and develop appropriate treatment plan and counseling or referral if needed.
WORK EVALUATIONS and TREATMENT (Non DOT)
Employers may have concerns about the substance use of an individual due to a violation of a company policy, or due to concerns that one may violate a policy. We can complete a professional evaluation with appropriate referral if needed. We work with the employer to give the minimal information needed to address the concern without compromising personal information shared in the evaluation.
DOT SUBSTANCE ABUSE PROFESSIONAL (SAP) EVALUATIONS
DOT 49 CFR Part 40 regulations state that any DOT employee who has a violation on a pre-employment, for cause, random or follow up test, has to follow the Return to Duty Process. This involves an initial SAP evaluation, completing the required recommendations with a provider recommended by the SAP, a follow up evaluation, and a return to duty test.
From the initial SAP evaluation, recommendations are sent to the direct employer representative (DER). After the follow up evaluation, a notice or compliance or non-compliance is issued to the DER. If a notice of compliance is issued, a follow up testing plan is also sent. Your employer will be required to follow the follow up testing plan.
Confidentiality is different under 49 CFR Part 40 in that the SAP can talk to the DER, MRO, Treatment Provider, or others as it pertains to addressing the violation. The employer has limited information addressing only the violation, the recommendations, and if compliance has been achieved.